Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 17, 2012

I need shine.

I haven't blogged in a long time. I don't have a ton to say. Every day I open up a new post, stare at it for a few seconds, and exit out.

A lot of kids have been dying lately. Some by accident, some through sickness, and some on purpose.

I've heard other kids saying things like, "why would you be so selfish to kill yourself?" or "I have no respect for anyone who would even consider that." To be frank, they're probably the same kids that would exclude the sad kid, the quiet kid, the lonely kid.

All those kids need is someone to love them. Someone to listen, even is there's nothing to say to make the sadness go away.

It's not hard to love other people. It's really not hard at all. You have to step outside of yourself for a while, and realize that the world does not revolve around you. Everyone is guilty of it, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't self-centered the majority of the time. Just look around, just a little bit.

I was having a wonderful date a couple days ago when I got a text message from my best friend, my only real friend. She said, "get on skype" and I said, "I'm still with (insert name here)." Then, "please i need to talk to you". I logged on and she was crying. Like, hard. She told me about her medicine, and her grades, her grounding, her voices, her apathy. There was absolutely nothing I could say to make her better. I just listened, and cried with her. She said she felt terrible for interrupting, and decided to go. I couldn't get her off of my mind. I cried and cried, and my date had no clue what to do. I felt what she felt.

I kept in touch with her throughout the night. I'm available when she needs to talk. She's making progress. She's optimistic and laughing again. All she needed was someone to listen.

I mean, yeah, it's unrealistic to be available for someone 24/7, especially when you're not too close. What I'm trying to get at, you have to put aside your interests every once in a while. Just a few minutes of your "precious" time can save someone's life.

Just love someone, anyone, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment