Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pre-work Blog

I have about 15 minutes to write this blog. Lets see what comes to mind in the next 15 minutes... Hmmm...

I learned a little bit about class systems today. Well, I watched a movie about class systems. I mean, it's about this little girl befriending a young man in a totally-okay way, but it deals with class systems. We are watching in my creative writing class. I get the feeling that there is going to be a tragic end and I'm going to cry in class, which is never fun.

I read this one senior's quote in out yearbook for the 2010-2011 school year that I absolutely adore: "Envy is ignorance, imitation is suicide."-Ralph Waldo Emerson. That is there for a reason. Lately I've kind of felt like I'm not cool enough or smart enough or pretty enough or whatever enough to do something great, but just those six simple words made me realize that whatever I do can be great if it's my own. Cheesy, maybe. Helpful, heck yes!

I prayed a lot last night about my future. At church, they say to wait on God for answers, and up till now I have never tried to. But last night, I realized that maybe there is something to waiting on God. Maybe every answer doesn't come right away. Just maybe He will show me when the time is right. I know I am here to create something, but I am waiting for God to tell me what that something is. Yes, it's hard, but in the end it will be worth the wait. For now, I'll just create this blog. Even if no one reads it, I can take pride in the fact that I typed every single word with my own fingers, from my own intellect, no matter how stupid or cheesy they are. It's awesome.

"I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create."-William Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment