Monday, June 18, 2012
I don't know why
I've been so up and down lately. One minute I'm really happy and everything and something little happens and I'm miserable. I try to be optimistic and all but it's just not working out. I don't want to spend four more years of my terribly short life in school, I'm sick of having to be dependent on my parents against my will, I want to go into the woods, as Thoreau would say, but I don't know how to escape the cycle. It seems impossible. My thoughts are everywhere, like, I'm so overcome with caring for this one person in my life, and the people who have raised me think it's unhealthy and pointless an I can't tell them how wrong they are about everything they've ever told me. And then they say, you'll understand when you're older, but I know that I never will because they don't understand themselves, but boy they sure believe that they do. I'm sick of doing things that I don't want to do. Staying home, midnight curfew, college, teaching. All I want to do is live somewhere decent with someone I love and write forever and ever and just look back on my life in my old age and think to myself, wow, I had a great life, without having to do all of these extra things that are considered necessary to be successful whatever that means. I know this is all running together and probably doesn't make a ton of sense. I'm just tired
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment