I've never been more comfortable in my own skin. I've never felt happier.
Yesterday, I went on a date with this really nice boy. We went to my favorite restaurant and talked for hours, and browsed the shelves of Barnes and Noble for the second time this weekend. We came home, and he left.
I remembered that he had some resistors in his pocket that I needed for my electronics kit, and called him before he had been gone for too long. He turned around and came back to bring them to me. I ran out when I finally saw his headlights illuminate the driveway. I had this huge knot in my stomach.
He slid out of his car and pulled the little components out of his pocket, placed them in my hand. I said thanks, and gave him a hug.
And then something awkward happened.
I left my arms wrapped around his neck, and was like, "Can I ask you a question?" and he was like, "Sure." Then I said the most embarrassing thing: "Do you care if I kiss you?"
Honestly, I didn't even hear what he said. But I kissed him, and he kissed me.
First kisses are always weird. When you kiss someone new, you have no idea how they kiss, so you just have to roll with it. I was stumbling. All I could think was
ohmygodohmygodohmygodimscrewingthisupsohard.
I walked up my front porch steps in shock, but the best kind.

No comments:
Post a Comment