Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happiness

All days are good, but some days are exceptionally good. Today was the latter.

Today, I woke up at 8:33 in the morning. I usually get up at seven or so, shower, eat, and leave for school at eight. I went without food, without a shower, and without studying. I drove 70 miles per hour the whole way there, tried to make it in time for our tech area's final picture together, which was being taken at 8:45. Halfway to the school, I got stuck behind a tractor trailer carrying chickens, driving crazy fast. 45 miles per hour. My driver's side window was down in an attempt to air-dry my hair, Radiohead was blaring, encouraging me to go faster when I was clearly stuck, I could see my breath, and feathers were flying everywhere.

I arrived in the parking lot around 8:52. Needless to say, I missed the picture. I looked like a hot mess with my greasy hair and my grey cardigan over my decimal binary shirt.

We sang in choir. We watched babies and dogs tortured in Psychology, and we watched Shark Tale in Spanish class.

I couldn't stop talking in electronics. I talked about my family, about music and tryouts, about our senior projects, about happiness. I listened to other people talk, and chimed in. We all joked and just chilled out. All the while, my kit sat untouched in front of me.

I felt so elated.

I have a feeling that is going to be at least as great as today. I'll make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment