Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Rejection.

I seem to have a few people in my life who can't "take a hint." Like, they're pretty alright people, they are just starving for attention that I don't care to give. I'm not trying to be a meanie, it's just the truth.

For example: I met this guy my first day of class freshman year. He was wearing and Iron Man shirt, and he sat directly behind me in Environmental. I wanted to clean other people's teeth for a living. We were both weird, so we hit it off.

We are still friends today. Not super close friends, but friends nonetheless.

The past few days he's been texting me nonstop. I'm not the biggest fan of texting in the first place, although I'd be lying if I said I haven't done my fair share of it lately, so this is extremely annoying. Sometimes he'll ramble on about some forced, deep topic like love or loneliness or something equally cliche, and apologize for it later. I'll be like, "why are you apologizing?" and he'll be like, BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. And then I'm like, "?" and he's like, "oh it's just friendly banter."

Then I'm like "-_-".

I just want to say, "hey, I'm busy," or, "hey, I'm kind of involved with someone," or even, "HEY LEAVE ME ALONE I DON'T LOVE YOU LIKE YOU LOVE ME AND I DON'T PLAN ON EVER DOING SO." But I don't want to reject him. Rejection must hurt like hell. Without knowing the definition of the word rejection, one can assume it's negative. Just say it. REJECTION. Ouch.

I'm not going to let little things like that bother me. Almost everything has gone right lately, and the things that haven't are completely overshadowed by my euphoria. You know, my grades might suck, I might get kicked out of Honor Society, my senior project is due in two months and I haven't even started, and I'm torn between two colleges, but who cares?

I have hope for a bright future, love and support from my family, a best friend who is freaking awesome, a nice boy who may or may not have feelings for me, and I woke up this morning after a full night's sleep in a warm bed.

There is no disconnect anymore. This is what I have been missing out on for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment