Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today.

Today was good. School was good. Work was work, but not terrible, which makes it good. The stars are really bright tonight, which is also good. I don't really like the word "good" that much: it's small and ambiguous. However, my day wasn't any of the following: spectacular, phenomenal, or even sanguine. It was just good. Even though I was hoping for the former, it's better to have a good day than a terrible one.

I officially mailed my first college application this morning. It's a little bit nerve-wracking. It's for my top choice. I don't know what I'll do if I don't get in. I mean, I know what I'll do; I attend another college, of course, but I feel like I'm really meant to be there. Fingers crossed.

This past Wednesday at youth group, my pastor asked us, "What breaks your heart?" Like, truly, what concerns you, regarding others? Think about it, it will change the way you look at people.

The thing that most breaks my heart is loneliness. While me and a friend were eating at a McDonalds in Washington, I noticed this man, probably in his late-thirties, eating alone. He wasn't dressed up like he was on his lunch break or anything, and he just had this blank look in his eyes while he glanced at everyone around him. It really bothered me. I just wanted to go sit next to him and talk, but I didn't.

Loneliness is a really terrible feeling. It's sad that people live alone. That's what truly breaks my heart. What breaks yours? Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment