Today, I switched back to my old Env3. I thought that I would be okay, but directly after, I felt like something had drastically changed in my heart. Something was missing, a piece of me, my trusty Droid 2. That's when I realized that it was a good decision.
Technology is good in some ways. Like, it helps us stay in contact with old friends, and get to know people better. We can also make connections with future employers, colleges, mentors, etc, much easier than before. On the flip-side, it's addicting. I would check Twitter every fifteen to thirty minutes outside of school on my phone, just because. It was really cool, but it became a bad habit. It has always bothered me, seeing teenagers (and adults alike) walking around like their phones were attached to their hands, but I can see, I was one of those people. Which was not a good thing.
Plus, I'm saving twenty bucks a month, which may not seem like a lot, but it adds up. That's one week's worth of gas. Now I just need to save my money instead of blowing it on stupid things, like food.
There has to be a healthy technological balance in ones life. Yes, I set up Twitter mobile, but I've limited my follower notifications and will only tweet while on the computer. I have set limitations for myself. I know that sounds ridiculous, I just have an addictive personality, thus, I have to set up seemingly stupid rules for myself.
I need to focus more on real life, not what's going on in the book of face, and tweetville.

No comments:
Post a Comment